LATAM Regional Accountant
About the role:
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytically-driven, strategic accounting professional to join our Finance team as ClassPass continues to grow its footprint around the world. This role will serve as a key driver on regional finance and accounting operations. They will play an instrumental part in ensuring accuracy of financial statements and covering statutory reporting requirements across the LATAM region. This position will take the lead on managing various finance needs in Latin America including accounting, financial statement reporting, tax and compliance.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all LATAM related finance, operations, and compliance matters
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with local ordinance, company policy and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Participate in the month-end close process by preparing recurring and non-recurring journal entries, analyzing account trends and running related monthly reports for the properties in the assigned region
- Lead timely and accurate completion of statutory reporting requirements across our LATAM entities, including audits and tax filings
- Review and execute monthly payroll processing for our LATAM regions
- Assist tax team and communicate with local tax and legal advisors to ensure compliance with all relevant tax deadlines and regulations
- Oversee regional treasury activity, including forecasting cash flow needs and serve as the main contact for market specific billing inquiries
- Analyze the accounts in your respective region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported
- Own market specific travel and expense processes and ensure policy compliance
- Other ad hoc reporting projects as assigned, including consolidated financial tasks reporting into ClassPass HQ
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, and/or other applicable business discipline
- 2+ years of work experience, Big 4 and start up environment is a big plus
- Fluency in English and Portuguese; Spanish is a plus
- CPA/CA or equivalent qualifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and/or LATAM GAAP experience
- Knowledge of local financial regulations and experience working with LATAM tax authorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, highly adaptive environment
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects at once
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate Excel skills
- The right to work in Brazil
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. Founded in 2013 by Payal Kadakia, ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30 countries around the globe, and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world’s leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we’re just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. But we believe in more than just that. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things when we’re all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where a sense of belonging is felt by employees, customers and partners alike. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass’ success is its people.
ClassPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.